Scholarships for Entering Transfer Students for Fall 2023/Spring 2024
The following scholarships are available for transfer students entering UE in the 2023-24 academic year, admitted to a traditional undergraduate program pursuing their first degree, and enrolled full time (12-18 hours per semester). For students entering graduate programs, please view our graduate student scholarship information.
Academic Merit Scholarships
Academic scholarships are determined based on the student's cumulative grade point average earned at previous institution(s).
|University of Evansville Scholarships
Transfer Students* Entering Fall 2023/Spring 2024
|College GPA||Scholarship Amount|
|3.5 to 3.74||$23,000|
|3.0 to 3.49||$20,000|
|less than 3.0||$17,000|
* Excludes International Transfers
Transfer Students Entering Fall 2023/Spring 2024*
|Engagement Activity||Scholarship Amount
|How to Qualify|
|File the FAFSA||$1,000||File the FAFSA at fafsa.gov and enter UE's school code: 001795 (not applicable for international students)|
|In-person Visit||$1,000||Visit our campus and participate in an individual, in-person guided campus tour and admission counselor session or an in-person group visit day.|
|Early Application||$1,000||Submit application and required documents by May 15, 2023 for fall entry or October 1, 2023 for spring entry.|
* UE students entering for the first time in the 2023-24 academic year may qualify for these engagement awards.
Students who earn one of the following scholarships will receive either that scholarship or the Academic Merit Scholarship, whichever is higher.
Performing Arts Scholarships
- Theatre Scholarship or Music Scholarship
- Awarded based upon a combination of talent, academic credentials, and department needs. Requires audition.
- Value: Varies
Athletic scholarships are awarded at the discretion of each coach, based on criteria established by and in accordance with NCAA regulations. The following sports offer athletic scholarships:
- Men – baseball, basketball, cross country, golf, soccer, swimming and diving, and track and field
- Women – basketball, cross country, golf, soccer, softball, swimming and diving, track and field, and volleyball
- Value: Varies
National Need for Nursing Scholarship
- Awarded to students who earn direct entry into the nursing program.
- Value: $25,000
The following may be awarded in addition to your merit-based and engagement scholarships and will be coordinated with other financial aid.
Honors Program Scholarship
- Students who gain admission to UE’s Honors Program receive $2,000 per year.
- Students who complete the Ivy Tech Associate Accelerated Program (ASAP) receive $2,000 per year.
Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship
- Members of Phi Theta Kappa honor society receive $2,000 per year.
- Children and grandchildren of UE graduates receive $2,000 per year.
- Students who belong to their local Methodist church receive $500 per year.
Art Portfolio Scholarship
- Students must submit an art portfolio to the University of Evansville Art Department by May 1, 2023 for consideration of $1,000 Art Scholarship.
Ensemble Participation Award
- Students who are not music majors can audition for a place in a UE ensemble and receive this award.
- Value: Varies
Veterans Affairs Education Benefits
- Yellow Ribbon - UE has voluntarily entered into an agreement with the Department of Veterans Affairs to fund applicable tuition and fees that exceed the national maximum set annually by the Department of Veterans Affairs for eligible veterans or their eligible dependents using the Post 9/11 GI Bill ®. The award is a combination of aid from UE and VA sources.
- Other - The University of Evansville certifies enrollment under other education programs. These VA benefits are coordinated with other financial aid.
The total of all UE scholarships/gift aid will not exceed the equivalency of full-time tuition (12-18 credit hours/semester).
The University of Evansville reserves the right to update the amounts and criteria as deemed necessary.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
812-488-2364 or 800-424-8634
Room 105, Olmsted Administration Hall
Room 105G, Olmsted Administration Hall